UB Black Law Students Association 39th Annual Awards Banquet
UB BLSA Awards Banquet A Project of School of Law
On Friday, March 30th, the University of Baltimore Black Law Students Association will host our 39th Annual Awards Banquet.
Each year this banquet celebrates the accomplishments of the UB BLSA and our members.
Our 2018 achievements:
- 2nd place in the Frederick Douglass Moot court Competition Regional Championship
- 2nd place in the Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition Regional Championship.
- Nominated for the Inaugural Black History Month Community Leaders Awards for the Maryland Governor's Office on Service and Volunteerism
The banquet also recognizes community members, organizations, legal advocates, firms, and BLSA alumni that have made a positive impact in the community and strive to further diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
- Shahem McLaurin, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Baltimore Start Project
- Caryn York, Executive Director, Job Opportunities Task Force
- Civic Works, Baltimore City based community service organization
- Baltimore Ceasefire
- Alicia Wilson, Vice President of Community Affairs and Legal Advisor to Sagamore Development Company
- Judge Dana Middleton, Associate Judge, Baltimore City Circuit Court, 8th Judicial Circuit
- Miles & Stockbridge
We hope that you will support the great work of the UB BLSA with your sponsorship. Proceeds garnered from the banquet help support our ongoing advocacy and programmatic efforts to enrich our members and give back to the community.